Intermittent Connection to (WDS) Airport Express

Reaction score
Hi,

I am using an Airport Extreme as my router, and have connected an Airport Express in WDS mode. I use the Express to provide a network connection to a device which serves up a web page - it's actually a PID device that monitors and controls the temperature of my charcoal barbecue. I have it set so that I can call up a monitor/control webpage for the device from either within my home network, or over the internet (for example, on my iPhone).

Anyhow...the setup used to work flawlessly. Then I upgraded to Snow Leopard on one of my Macs, and I now have a problem with the connection between the Extreme and the WDS Express. I only plug in the Express to use it when I am doing a long bbq cook. When I turn it on, the Express turns green, but I have to go in to the Airport Utility and reset my Extreme in order to bring up the device connected to my Express. It then works for a while, but eventually I have to reset the Extreme again to get the setup working again.

Any suggestions as to what is causing this sporadic connection problem? I'm stumped.

Mark

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.