Battery Saying Its Charging, But It's Not!

Reaction score
Please see the attached snapshot from CoconutBattery.

I am running an IBook G4. The battery status shows 0%, and this number is not changing, even though the charger is connected, and it appears that there is still a lot of life left on this battery according to CoconutBattery.

I have already attempted resetting the PMU. I have already in the past had the DC in board replaced, (along with the logic board). Anyhow, that was about a year ago and I have not had any problems since then. This new battery issue just began yesterday.

Appreciate your advice!

Thanks,.

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
If possible, try a different charger or wall outlet. As you mentioned, the battery looks fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
Although the battery looks OK, I have seen situations where a short in the battery prevents it from being charged. The best way to tell is to get another battery and swap it to see if the problem persists. 9 times out of 10 it is a short in the battery. This can happen whether or not the battery has reached the end of its cycle count.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.