I know the rules for buy/sell/trade still cant use

Status
Not open for further replies.

G30

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 160GB HD 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR 3 Snow Leopard OSX 20" FS Moniter
I have been an active member and contributing member for about a month and still am not able to post here. Moderator CWA107 said I should be able to now but I try everyday as an active member and still not able too. Is there a reason why I have not been removed fromthe cannot post list??? Just wanna know why, I have contributed on the subjects I can help with and posted for help. I thought that was the requirement to be able to post there. Thats not why Im here Im just trying to get some $ back for my brand new mac I purchased. Thank you for your help concerning my question. I have asked for help on more than a few topics and have not gotten help and that a little frustraing but thats ok im not mad just doing everything Im supposed to to be able to post in that form. I do not get an error message just a white page with loading spinning wheel and never goes past that......Thanks for your help concerning this...G30

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Have you tried CL or eBay? With CL you might get local buyers as opposed to here where the members are all over the world..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I cant answer your question but I for one wouldn't buy from a member with 1 month and 22 posts in and starter rep with out being able to see and test the item . Its nothing personal its just that even over the net you " get to know " people and no one has had a chance to do that with you. I truly mean no disrespect .

Clay

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have been an active member and contributing member for about a month and still am not able to post here.

As you were informed earlier...to post in the buy/sell/trade area you need to be an active member for unknown period of time...and have an undisclosed number of posts. So if you can't post in that section...you obviously haven't met the criteria yet.

Having been a member for less than a month...and with 22 posts at this point...seems like you are more interested in selling stuff than being a member of the community.

Be patient...eventually you will have access.:)

- Nick

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
You do have the correct rank that we've made for members who meet the requirements to post in the BST forum. It looks like you are experiencing a bug that we have reported back to the site devs and are trying to figure out why this is a problem.

OP
G

G30

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 160GB HD 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR 3 Snow Leopard OSX 20" FS Moniter
As you were informed earlier...to post in the buy/sell/trade area you need to be an active member for unknown period of time...and have an undisclosed number of posts. So if you can't post in that section...you obviously haven't met the criteria yet.

Having been a member for less than a month...and with 22 posts at this point...seems like you are more interested in selling stuff than being a member of the community.

Be patient...eventually you will have access.:)

- Nick

I am not here for that so dont accuse me of that. You dont now me. I will just go join another forum because I have put up posts with questions about And not really been helped by anyone. EX.(1) http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/im...photography/203488-image-capture-setting.html

I would not what to sell it to anbody who was not local anyway. I would drive to FTF in the area I live in so since you dont know me please don't make accusations of why I'm here....That is unexectable to me. I only want like 50 bucks for it and I thought I would offer it if it to members for any of the parts in it. I will not return here...I will fiqure out what I need from another resource. THIS IS NOT THE ONLY MAC HELP PLACE and Since I am being accussed of the only reason Im here.You dont know me...To those who have helped me Thanks, Good Bye.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I am not here for that so dont accuse me of that. You dont now me. I will just go join another forum because I have put up posts with questions about And not really been helped by anyone. EX.(1) http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/im...photography/203488-image-capture-setting.html

First off, you didn't really wait for a response. It takes more than an hour at times for a member to respond to a thread for help. Also, there may not have been anyone online at the time that had a solution to your problem. Do you really want a post that does not provide any help? I am on many forums and understand that my questions may not get answered, but that does not want to make me leave the community. This forum is extremely helpful and I have learned so much by being an active member here.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
G30, we've recently made some changes to our forum software as well as switched web hosts. There are some bugs that we've encountered along the way and this is one of them.

As far as getting an answer to your questions - please be aware that we are not affiliated with Apple, Inc - and there are no employees anywhere on this forum (i.e. we are not paid for responding to questions). The support you receive here is done entirely on a volunteer basis and not everyone is familiar with every possible combination of software and hardware.

So, while we're happy to help each other out, sometimes the answer to a particular quandary is not always clear cut. If you find that your thread becomes buried, you can always bring it to the top by replying to it with the word "bump".

With that said, it usually helps your cause a bit if you're gracious with the community members here. No one wants to help someone who is impatient or paranoid.

OP
G

G30

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I understand and know how forums work ok. I was not being rude to anyone in particular at all. I know questions get buried and also know that if I post a reply on it it will go back to the top. I just find it very hard to beleive that in 88 views in that section that not one person knew how to answer the question. It is a very simple thing. People know how to do so much here on how everything works and because Im a newbie I felt that I was not important to the cause here. CWA mod was very gratious with his time explaining this particular forum, He did more than he should have in as far as answering my question about some things via PM. I am used to forums where I get immediate help no matter what time of day, so I guess Im spoiled at those sites. A post never has done unreplyed to and they have at least as much trafffic as here...................I will hang in there and I am sorry if I made any upset, but one reply on this thread said " I wouldnt but anything from a someone with 22 posts" I do not care about that. How many times do I have to say that. CWA said I should be able to and to keep trying and if I cant post a thread here. So I did and got told the rules again.............................................

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm glad you've reconsidered. I think you'll find these forums to be one of the best if not the best with regard to Apple hardware, software, and many other topics of interest. We have members who participate that have years of experience with not only Apple machines, but also with Windows, main frame computers, networking, and so forth.

I extend my personal welcome to you and leave you with this:

Have fun.

Regards.

OP
G

G30

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G30, we've recently made some changes to our forum software as well as switched web hosts. There are some bugs that we've encountered along the way and this is one of them.

As far as getting an answer to your questions - please be aware that we are not affiliated with Apple, Inc - and there are no employees anywhere on this forum (i.e. we are not paid for responding to questions). The support you receive here is done entirely on a volunteer basis and not everyone is familiar with every possible combination of software and hardware.

So, while we're happy to help each other out, sometimes the answer to a particular quandary is not always clear cut. If you find that your thread becomes buried, you can always bring it to the top by replying to it with the word "bump".

With that said, it usually helps your cause a bit if you're gracious with the community members here. No one wants to help someone who is impatient or paranoid.

Nor am I paid for the life saving information I provide.........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
but one reply on this thread said " I wouldnt but anything from a someone with 22 posts" I do not care about that. How many times do I have to say that. CWA said I should be able to and to keep trying and if I cant post a thread here. So I did and got told the rules again.............................................

My post was made before you " cleared that up" I was simply trying to say that you probably wouldn't have a lot of luck here as a brand new member.

Nor am I paid for the life saving information I
provide.........

I dont think you get it. There is no reason to be rude or defensive , Telling members of IMO the best Mac forum on the net that you are disappointed in the " free service " that is provided here and you have and will go to better places is simply not going to help your cause.

Just my thoughts
Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
And I think this thread has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.