MACBOOK Using Projector as extended display problem...

Reaction score
Hi, I have a new 13.5inch macbook, illuminated buttons if it helps narrow it down. I use it for djing with Serato softwear. I also use the Music Video part of it. Now, it's fine using a projector cnnected via VGA, in a different club, they use an In Focau projector, connected via cat5 into a cat5 to vga powered adaptor. If I use this, the serato control window/display on my mac expands and is too big for the screen.... Any Ideas???

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That might be difficult to overcome because of the VGA powered connector. The only suggestion I have is to try increasing the resolution to see if that will bring the serato screen size down to where it will fit. The only problem with doing that is it might introduce distortion to the projected image.

Regards.

Reaction score
Did you ever find an answer to this question? I have the same issue.

Did you ever find an answer to this question?

Hi, I have a new 13.5inch macbook, illuminated buttons if it helps narrow it down. I use it for djing with Serato softwear. I also use the Music Video part of it. Now, it's fine using a projector cnnected via VGA, in a different club, they use an In Focau projector, connected via cat5 into a cat5 to vga powered adaptor. If I use this, the serato control window/display on my mac expands and is too big for the screen.... Any Ideas???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.