Multi-touch trackpad issues with Windows 7

Reaction score
I'm quite sure that I'm not the only one with this problem, but I haven't found any literature online about how to resolve this issue.

I only recently installed Windows 7 on my early 2008 MBP, and I did all the required steps of installing the Bootcamp drivers off the Snow Leopard DVD. Then I updated the drivers with the Bootcamp 3.1 Update.

The real issue arises sometime after I boot up. The trackpad seems to work fine at first, and two-finger scrolling is a breeze, but it will suddenly stop working, which confuses the h*** out of me.

There are Apple updates, but they don't seem to apply to my computer. I tried downloading the multi-touch trackpad update, but I guess it's only meant to work with Windows XP/Vista. When I try to run it, it gives me the message "This update is not intended for this computer and will not be installed."

Does anyone have a means of resolving this very strange issue? I'm a creature of comfort, and I really enjoy all my trackpad gestures. I can't even right-click to save my MBP's life.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you tried going into Control Panel - Boot Camp, and set the gestures and other options for your trackpad from there? You can also click on the small icon (looks like a diamond) in your system tray. That will open the Boot Camp control panel. Click on the "Trackpad" tab and setup your trackpad.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.