I have doubts about getting a mac

Reaction score
Ok I tried to switch and bought a G3 from ebay and this failed on me. I then purchased a blue and white later on, osx works ok on this but not like how I would like it too. I then tried to run dreamweaver mx and it ran horrible even with 640mb ram.

If I bought a G5 would all my problems be solved, would I be able to dreamweaver mx as good as it does in Windows?

At the moment I have 1.5gb ram on my windows box and dreamweaver flys. If I can get this sort of performance from a G5 they I may consider another try at switching.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
dreamweaver will definitely run on a g5 as well as on a windows box, probably faster depending on how much ram the g5 has.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
you will be so happy with a G5 especially the lower dual processor powermac with 1.5gb of ram or higher and you will run circles around your windows box in dreamweaver. I run dreamweaver on my powerbook and It is much faster then the windows box I use to have.( 3.0 ghz pentium 4, 1.5 gb ram, 250hd)

Reaction score
LOL...It's Dreamweaver. This is like saying AOL Instant messenger is faster on a Mac than PC. It either works or it doesn't. A Mac won't run it faster than your current PC, but a G5 will allow you to meet the recommended requirements of having OS X with Dreamweaver running.

What else are you looking to do with the system?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Avid6eek said:
LOL...It's Dreamweaver. This is like saying AOL Instant messenger is faster on a Mac than PC. It either works or it doesn't. A Mac won't run it faster than your current PC, but a G5 will allow you to meet the recommended requirements of having OS X with Dreamweaver running.

What else are you looking to do with the system?

LOL this is true, but I still feel a difference between the mac, and windows box.

Z

zap2

an G3 mac is outdated computer. If you got a Petuim 2 or 3 you would think that the type of computer ur using is slow. If you get a G5 it will be faster, much faster. Just like if you got a pentuim 4 or a celeorn intel chip. Your computer would be much faster.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Yeah, and if you don't want to jump all the way, my G4 Powerbook runs dreamweaver just as well as both of my PCs, see stats at left...Buy a g4, minimum of 512mb of ram.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
My friends G3 366mhz Ibook runs Panther pretty well, but as soon as more than a couple programs are running no way. Limewire crashes it. It can handle IMing, Internet, and Word Processing, which is what he bought it for, as it was wireless.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.