Deploying. Need help.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm deploying to Kosovo in about a week. What I'd like to do is suspend my service w/At&T and use my iPhone as a wireless device only. I'm not sure I can, though.

If I suspend my service

will Wifi still work?

can I use the Skype app to recieve/make calls?

is there an app I can use to send/recieve txts?

What suggestions do you guys have?

Thanks ahead of time.

Just need a way to use it to talk and text. Surely Apple has given us a way.

Reaction score
I got my at&t service cut off and I only use my iphone as an ipod touch. I have apps so that I can send and recieve texts as well as make calls. So yes u can, I'm not sure how skype works but if u can use it while it's just connected 2 wifi then u should be able 2 use it.

OP
J
Reaction score
statistics shady

I got my at&t service cut off and I only use my iphone as an ipod touch. I have apps so that I can send and recieve texts as well as make calls. So yes u can, I'm not sure how skype works but if u can use it while it's just connected 2 wifi then u should be able 2 use it.

I was hoping that was the case, but hadn't talked to anyone that had done it.

So there was nothing special you had to do? Just cut off your service and use it only when you had a Wifi connection?

thanks,
jo

Reaction score
Yes that is all that I did. Got a app called text free it is like $10 per year and it let's u send and recieve unlimited texts. but I'm sure there are better ones out there now. My year isn't up yet. lol. GL and be safe

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
how did my title get edited? I guess the mods are bored tonight :)

Sorry - Just one of my bad habits - I like to be able to find things when I try to search for them later.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.