A sucker born every minute !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If I could get my hands on a few of these, I'd sell them on eBay and make a good profit :)

OP
clayneal
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
If I could get my hands on a few of these, I'd sell them on eBay and make a good profit :)

No kidding if a guy had 3 of those he could pay for an iPad !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

And if you did I fear you'd be going to have a lot of sins to repent to. As that is very immoral.

My big question really is what is Apple doing about this? Do they even care that ipad and ipad accessories are bought by some people for the sole purpose of reselling at immoral prices just to make a quick buck? This is the first question I would ask Steve Jobs or any senior VP from Apple if I had the opportunity to chat to them.

Actually Steve has been answering his emails of recent, well him or his team on his behalf. So anyone know what that email address is so I could send Apple a nice email asking them what their opinion is on this whole ebay mess?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Capitalism is neither inherently moral nor immoral. It's not as though he's dying of thirst and I'm charging the guy a hundred bucks for a bottle of water.

If there is somebody willing to pay a premium for a product that I possess, then I fail to see the problem. Nobody is forcing the buyer to pay above market price, he could simply wait till supply increases enough to satiate the high demand at a lower price. It's simple supply and demand my friend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
Wow! Glad I got mine already.

And yeah, I got it from Apple and just paid retail for it. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
If you think this is crazy look what people are paying for Apple iPad case on ebay, it's ridiculous I saw two a couple weeks ago sell for $150.00 for the pair.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
If you think that's insane - think back to when the Wii was first released, that Christmas (and even the Christmas 1 yr later), Wii consoles that retail for ~$200 were selling on EBay for upwards of $300 - $500. Similar things happened with the iPod touch, iPhone, certain PS3 models, etc. due to quantities in the market at the given time.

It's simple supply and demand - not, as mentioned before, a moral issue. The fewer of an item there are that many people want means that those people that have them can command extreme prices until supply catches up with demand. Once supply catches up, you'll see prices drop - and eventually it will catch up to one degree or another (either more will be made or fewer people will want them - doesn't matter how but it will balance eventually).

OP
clayneal
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad & iphone 3G
Capitalism is neither inherently moral nor immoral. It's not as though he's dying of thirst and I'm charging the guy a hundred bucks for a bottle of water.

If there is somebody willing to pay a premium for a product that I possess, then I fail to see the problem. Nobody is forcing the buyer to pay above market price, he could simply wait till supply increases enough to satiate the high demand at a lower price. It's simple supply and demand my friend.

I agree, additionally, its not like he set the price. Its an auction that gets bid up. So at least a few people were willing to pay that much.

Reaction score
And if you did I fear you'd be going to have a lot of sins to repent to. As that is very immoral.

My big question really is what is Apple doing about this? Do they even care that ipad and ipad accessories are bought by some people for the sole purpose of reselling at immoral prices just to make a quick buck? This is the first question I would ask Steve Jobs or any senior VP from Apple if I had the opportunity to chat to them.

Actually Steve has been answering his emails of recent, well him or his team on his behalf. So anyone know what that email address is so I could send Apple a nice email asking them what their opinion is on this whole ebay mess?

Immoral? You are out of your mind and would make a terrible businessman.

Stick to whatever it is your doing and leave the real potential to those who know the difference between ethics and common sense.

Reaction score
Did you follow the link you posted ? If you do you will see the " ships in 3-4 weeks " . Apparently there are people who just cant wait and they have more dollars then sense !

Clay

LOL, for sure there are many who do have more dollars than sense, OR they might not even have the dollars just lack the sense, lmao.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini-2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo-4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3-OSX 10.6.3-160GB SATA-GeForce 9400
frosted only

Did you follow the link you posted ? If you do you will see the " ships in 3-4 weeks " . Apparently there are people who just cant wait and they have more dollars then sense !

Clay

They probably thought that they were making a trade-off of time and money. They thought that the more money spent, the quicker they could have it. They are less "dollar-smart" than they thought they were :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2 GHz 1Gb(soon to be 4:) 120gb HD. 2nd gen iPod. Rip iPhone Rip iPhone 3g Rip iPad
I wish my apple store had some in stock! Sounds like easy money to me.

Is anyone else surprised on how hard it is to actually get an iPad, 2 Months in and every time I check Apple or BB all they got is the 64's and maybe a 32 3G.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.