IP Address change

Reaction score
Is there an app or software that I can use with my macbook (leopard) so i can do extensive research... so my IP address changes?

I also want this for security... I have been scammed by these nigerian scammers and will not look at certain websites using my IP Address.... I received a strong message from Google that my IP address was being used by scammers in Nigeria..

can someone tell me more about this?

I have one called Hot Alert... but it doesn't like macs! HELP

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Little Snitch allows you to monitor EVERYTHING that's coming and going from your Mac.

Your IP address is dynamic and assigned to you by your ISP. If you have a cable modem or DSL modem, you should be able to power-cycle it and you MIGHT get a new IP, but you'll most likely get the same address..

If you've been having issues with one IP address, contact your ISP and have them forceably release/renew your IP address to a new one and perhaps quarantine your current IP address so it doesn't cause anyone else issues..

All of these things should be FIRST handled with your ISP..

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.