ibook 1.2ghz 30gb 768RAM Leopard To slow to play videos help!

Reaction score
Hey, I just got this from a company on ebay. And I think I might have to return it if I can't find a solution.

It is far to slow. Even when I just have Safari loaded It Has trouble playing youtube video's. It will load them and play the sound fine. But the video will keep lagging. It can handle playing dvd's fine. But lags with videos. It is also generally slow, takes time to switch applications when I have safari and itunes up at the same time. Just scrolling down internet pages will be slow.

I could spend £35 to get a 1gb ram card and switch it for the 512 one. Would this help? Or is this problem due to the 1.2 processor on Leopard?

Please help asap. I need to return it soon if it has no chance in speeding up.

Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The the 1.2ghz cpu is borderline ok...but the video hardware on your iBook is just too out of date to handle You-Tube videos. It's a good computer for most things...but stay away from You-Tube.

The additional ram would probably help with other activities...but it may not speed up You-Tube much.:(

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.