Quick question about switching computers regardin IPHONE

Reaction score
Hi there, brand new to mac products... got a iphone a month ago and just switched from pc to mac book pro yesterday :D , my question is there a way to sync my ipod with my new computer and not lose the apps? i have purchased them all and i know i can re-download them but there is alot... sorry if this is a dumb question or has been covered before.

PS I dont care about the music just having to find and redownload the apps

OP
A
Reaction score
Okay thanks alot I will try out the disk back up method, Yeah I am really looking forward to having a well organized machine as i use my laptop for djing and my old PC is in terrible shape, that is why I only really care about my apps and not the music

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
Clay, Great link! Out of all things apple, I have found I cannot wrap my brain around the syncing issue. Since my MBP is my only computer (Yes, I no longer have a Win PC), I'd like to make this the "master" as far as itunes goes. I keep trying to sync my music, but, like a newb, I end up wiping it off of my iPhone and I have to re-sync all my music.

I searched these forums and found I have to manually sync. I'll continue to search the forums, but any links or pointers to have this be the master would be hugely appreciated.

Best

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.