Logitech Wireless Mouse Problem

Reaction score
I just bought a new 13" Macbook Pro and I wanted to use my Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse with it. The mouse works fine when I am in OS X. But when I play WoW, the mouse seems to not pick up the signal and gets choppy/laggy. I am right handed so the mouse is on the opposite side of the logitech receiver. When I move my mouse to the same side as my receiver in WoW, the mouse works fine.

Any fix for this?

Reaction score
I'm having the same issues. I switched to an older mouse with a much slower frequency(and a longer receiver) which seems to have cured the issue, but I would like to use my logitech anywhere mx over this one as the signal receiver is much smaller. I also tried a corded mouse which also worked fine in WoW.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Similar problem here. Assuming you're using a wireless 'dongle' for the Logitech mouse, rather than using the Pro's wireless capability, the problem is hardware (of any description) getting in the way. In other words, obstruction to line-of-sight, which the mouse to dongle requires.

Solution - use a USB hub, preferably externally-powered. That way the receiver can be placed in close proximity, or at least in line-of-sight.

Reaction score
I do not believe that the problem is simply proximity to the receiver.

The Logitech wireless mice work perfectly fine on a PC. However, when using OSX the mouse becomes unresponsive periodically whenever there is high CPU load. This includes any games. Moving the mouse very close to the receiver does lessen the issue, but I don't believe it is the cause of the problem.

I suspect the issue is either due to a bug in the OSX mouse driver or logitech's hardware. Unfortunately, it seems that they don't do enough testing on this platform.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.