New iPad plans from ATT no more unlimited.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm assuming that you are already an ATT customer with an unlimited data plan then ? If so, what's your point. If not, would you mind explaining how that's possible ?

Doug

Actually AT&T has already said that anyone who ordered the iPad before I believe 6/7 would be able to sign up for unlimited data, but once you dropped it, you wouldn't be able to go back.

It has nothing to do with the iPhone, AT&T doesn't even know you have a wireless account when signing up for data plans on the iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
First of all Doug, I don't like your tone. Second of all, if you are asking me if I already have an unlimited plan with Att through my iPhone for example, then yes I do and if that was your question, I didn't know, if that is a correct assumption, that having a plan with AT&T for the iPhone had anything to do with it.

But if you are not asking me the above, then I have no idea why there is still an option to get the unlimited plan.

Satisfied?

You need to take that over defensiveness down a notch or two. I asked you a simple question and now you're all uppity about it ? I asked what your point was because I assumed that you were already grandfathered in to an unlimited data plan, period. I then asked that if this was not the case, to explain exactly how you were able to get the unlimited plan on the iPad since the cut off date for getting it was on the 7th as noted above this post. And you still haven't answered that question.

Sorry if you don't like my tone. I've been told I have a lovely voice ! :*

Doug

P.S. thanks for the negative rep point, it's SO my color !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
...since the cut off date for getting it was on the 7th as noted above this post. And you still haven't answered that question.

Doug, you are misunderstanding my post. As long as you've ordered it by 6/7, you don't have to have activated it yet. Meaning he could easily have ordered it by 6/7 and not received it until this week. You didn't have to select the plan by 6/7.

And for the record, I gave you negative rep, because I also find your attitude to be a bit aggressive.

Reaction score
You need to take that over defensiveness down a notch or two. I asked you a simple question and now you're all uppity about it ? I asked what your point was because I assumed that you were already grandfathered in to an unlimited data plan, period. I then asked that if this was not the case, to explain exactly how you were able to get the unlimited plan on the iPad since the cut off date for getting it was on the 7th as noted above this post. And you still haven't answered that question.

Sorry if you don't like my tone. I've been told I have a lovely voice ! :*

Doug

P.S. thanks for the negative rep point, it's SO my color !

Alright alright :D

I didn't know that one could get the unlimited data plan if one would have ordered the iPad before 6/7...hey maybe I am not the only one who got that info wrong lol. Therefore my original comment might interest a few people. I recall people thinking about canceling their order of iPad 3G because of this.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I had the same question Doug did as I could not find anything on AT&T's site that showed more than the 2 limited plans.

Glad the question was answered but still not happy that AT&T ditched the Unlimited plan for new users. I would never go over the limit on the $25 plan but some will that have no access to WiFi.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Doug, you are misunderstanding my post. As long as you've ordered it by 6/7, you don't have to have activated it yet. Meaning he could easily have ordered it by 6/7 and not received it until this week. You didn't have to select the plan by 6/7.

And for the record, I gave you negative rep, because I also find your attitude to be a bit aggressive.

No, I actually understood your post, but I think that the misunderstanding lies in Voony's original post which prompted my question. Check this out:

FYI I got my iPad 3G this morning and AT&T offered 3 options for the cellular plan:

To me, by saying that he "got it this morning" followed by THEN having been offered those three options from ATT, means to me that he JUST got it. So now, when someone has made the purchase, is the buy date then recorded into a system which ATT has access to ? That's the part I guess, which has me confused.

As far as being aggressive.. I think you're reading too much into my words. They're pretty forward yes... but when you say aggressive, especially when accompanied by a negative rep, that would mean I did something wrong. How is asking a straight forward question wrong ? Does everything have to be balloons and flowers all the time ?

Also, I don't mind the rep thing so much but it would have been better to put your name on it before I assumed it was Voony.

Sorry voony.

Doug

Reaction score
No, I actually understood your post, but I think that the misunderstanding lies in Voony's original post which prompted my question. Check this out:

To me, by saying that he "got it this morning" followed by THEN having been offered those three options from ATT, means to me that he JUST got it. So now, when someone has made the purchase, is the buy date then recorded into a system which ATT has access to ? That's the part I guess, which has me confused.

As far as being aggressive.. I think you're reading too much into my words. They're pretty forward yes... but when you say aggressive, especially when accompanied by a negative rep, that would mean I did something wrong. How is asking a straight forward question wrong ? Does everything have to be balloons and flowers all the time ?

Also, I don't mind the rep thing so much but it would have been better to put your name on it before I assumed it was Voony.

Sorry voony.

Doug

That's alright Doug.

English is not native language so I might have confused you a bit. Tho saying I got it this morning just means I got this morning lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, I actually understood your post, but I think that the misunderstanding lies in Voony's original post which prompted my question.

It's great you understood it, but you misquoted and misinterpreted what I was saying in your reply so I needed to clarify so no one else was confused.

To me, by saying that he "got it this morning" followed by THEN having been offered those three options from ATT, means to me that he JUST got it.

Or it could me he did just get it today, but that is because it was finally delivered today?

You did do something wrong, at least in my opinion, and so I can give you negative rep because I really don't care much for your posting style in this thread. I find it accusatory, aggressive, and almost rude. Rep is a system of opinion...I "think" you gave a great answer and give you positive, or I can "think" you were rude and give you negative, it's how it works.

If I really thought you crossed the Community Guidelines, you wouldn't have gotten negative rep, you would have gotten an infraction.

In this case, your posts are one of those "it's not what you say, it's how you say it" moments to me honestly.

That was my fault, I normally do add my name, but this also shows again why it's a bad idea to make assumptions. Also, it's bad form to call-out people for supposed negative rep in a public thread. Just something to keep in mind.

Now if you want to continue this conversation, I suggest you do so via PM so we can allow this thread to stay on topic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.