Macbook wont power my M-Box?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm using trying to install drivers for my M-Box but my M-Box isn't getting any power too it. Is it because the USB ports on my Macbook can't put out enough power or...? Have tried it on my Imac and powers up fine, anyone else seen this before? Any help would be appreciated!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The M-Box power requirements are probably too much for your MacBook to handle especially if you're trying to mount it when on battery power. If you've tried both USB ports and it won't mount, I would not attempt it any more. What you can do if you like, is to buy a dual USB cable for the M-Box or a powered USB hub.

Regards.

OP
V
Reaction score
Thanks for reply mate, turns out the lights on the M-Box don't turn on until you have the drivers installed that comes with protools.

Reaction score
Glad u got it figured out, because I was gonna say something was wrong with your mbox cause I was using one on every version of the macbook and even dating back 2 the powerbook g4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: iMac
OT ... but is that an A26 in your avatar pic? My pop got a DFC flying one in night raids from JAB in Japan into N. Korea, 1952.

Ken N.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.