transferring apps/purchases/etc.

Reaction score
hello everyone,

so i haven't really looked into this and been able to come across an answer...but for any app or purchase that i make on my current iphone 3gs...when the iphone 4g comes out...if i do decide to purchase that phone...will every app that was on my 3gs be able to be transferred over? I'm asking because some apps are pretty expensive...such as some navigation apps and i purchase any of them...i want to make sure they can be transferred over to the new 4g phone...with NO problems...i don't want to have to repurchase an expensive app such as navigation apps.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The iTunes store will have a record of your purchases and those that are compatible with the new iPhone (whenever it comes out) should be able to be transferred without you having to pay again.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
That is why Apple released 4.0 to developers , so they can make sure the work before it is released. No different then when they brought 3.0 to market.

Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well yes, but there may be caveats:

- Any apps you purchased can be installed on all of your devices, so your current and future phones

but

- Any apps you have now are designed for OS 3. Whilst most developers will probably release free updates to 4.0, they're not obligated to. If Apple does decide to offer paid upgrades at some point (there have been rumours), you may be charged for upgrades if it's a large rewrite for the developer.

Reaction score
When you connect your new phone to your computer, iTunes will detect a new phone and ask if you want to restore your backup to the new phone. Your new phone will have all the same apps, settings, etc as your old. After I synced my 3GS for the 1st time it didn't even seem like a new phone, it was setup exactly like my 2G.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.