Invoke preference pane from terminal?

pbw

Reaction score
I want to be able to invoke the MySql preference pane from the terminal, so that I can supply that command to Netbeans for starting and stopping the server.

Is this possible?

Peter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
sudo /Library/StartupItems/MySQLCOM/MySQLCOM start

OP
P

pbw

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I can't use sudo from within NetBeans because the program is invoked without an attached console, so there's nowhere to enter my password. That's why I'm trying to find a way to trigger the preference pane. When I make changes there, I will get an authentication screen for my password.

What I'm looking for is the equivalent of an .app to execute from the command line as an unprivileged user (me).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
You might try scripting an expect statement into your kicker script to get the password worked around. Might also look at your sudoers file to ensure the right user or service has sudo privledges. Hard to tell as my code is at work. Maybe try setting some variables up front to insert later ie: $USER $PASSWD and of course an error or STD out to catch everything. Good luck. There are some good FTP scripting examples out there which use similar logic to beat the password prompt for GUI/GUI-less punts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.