Can I burn DVD+R on my mac?

Reaction score
Hi Gang
Could someone tell me if I can burn DVD+R on Mac Leopard? If yes, what software do I use? I have been using DVD-R for movies under 4.7gb but I want to no if I am able too burn DVD+R. Would someone let me no.
Thanks
goss

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Note: Moved to appropriate forum. Does not belong in Suggestions.

You didn't tell us what Mac you have but your superdrive should support the DVD+R media as well as DVD-R. As for which application to use, you can either use the built in Disk Utility burn feature or a third party application such as Toast (commercial) or Burn (freeware).

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Look in the System Profiler to see whatever brand of optical drive you have in whatever Mac you have (it helps to tell us), and see what media burning is supported.

From what you have told us, I would say that +R is supported. Toast is probably the best burning app to use, but there are others, such as iTunes, Disk Utility, and Burn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Do as hughvane suggests and look under About this Mac > More Info > Disc Burning for DVD Write and then +R etc. Use Toast best commercial software, Disk Utility free, and Verbatim media.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.