iMac keyboard stop working when connecting Nexus One

Reaction score
Hello,

As soon as I connect my phone, a Nexus One, the keyboard of my iMac stops working. It begins sometimes by repeating any key I press until I press another one. And after that, it doesn't seem to react anymore.

Disconnecting the Nexus One doesn't help. I have to reboot the iMac after this physical disconnection.

Thank you for any help you may provide to me.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
How are you connecting the Nexus One to the iMac? USB or something else? Can you try disabling the bluetooth on the nexus one and try it again?

Regards

OP
T
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.

It's connected through USB, but not on the keyboard, directly behind the screen. And bluetooth was already deactivated on the phone.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Well I guess I should ask if you have the wireless keyboard for your iMac or a wired one? If wireless, and the Bluetooth on the Nexus One is turned off, not sure how having it connected is interfering with the keyboard..

Regards

OP
T
Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot this information. The keyboard is not wireless. It's connected on one of the USB port of the iMac, and the Nexus one on another one, no hub or anything else.

That's quite weird. For me, it looks like if MacOS loads a driver when the Nexus one is plugged in to manage it. And that driver may interfere with keyboard driver. But I already plugged in some mass storage devices (external hdd and USB sticks) without problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.