• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Stephen Fry talks iPad, fanboyism.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Stephen Fry, eloquent and well spoken as usual... Very good read.

NO COMMENT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Stephen Fry as usual writes his blogs very well and he weaves in verious refrences to history and the modern age as well. A good read yes this is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Writes very well ? I suppose if you had included the word "drivel" in between 'writes' and 'well' that would be true. He's a BORE ! I mean, he just drones on and on and on about absolutely NOTHING for several paragraphs, and only gets to a rather weak point about something towards the end, which is ironic considering this quote:

I don’t know about you, but my eyes are already trained only to read the top half of a web page these days. Rather as a Victorian would not look below the waist, I do not let my eyes have even a second’s contact with the revolting Have Your Say or Comments section of a BBC site, a YouTube page or any blog or tech forum. The lower half of web pages is very like the lower half of the body — full of all kinds of noxious evil smelling poison.

To me, his upper page is not unlike any other lower page on a typical site. Not to mention that he really needs to make better use of paragraphs and line spacing. It's absolutely painful trying to sift through his quasi wanna be, pseudo-journalistic tripe !

Maybe I'll try again later, to try and extract what ever points or information he was trying to convey. I'll have to have a lot more patience. Perhaps a snifter is in order. *sigh*.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
You don't like his writing and I do.
We can agree to disagree there. And that's cool cause we all have our own opinions.

And he's not trying to impart any real information. Just more ideas and thoughts that we the general public can think about. And I would not expect you to "get it". It is British humour/satire. Which is very different from the humour/satire you US people are used to.

And just remember he's a comedian and not a journalist. And he does not try ever to be a journalist.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
And I would not expect you to "get it". It is British humour/satire. Which is very different from the humour/satire you US people are used to.

My sediments exactly 8thark
I actually like Stephen Fry and his british comedy. He has done some really nice Doco's in the past, that you could actually believe in part that he is a Journalist .......

He is quite a character :)

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.