• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

SD Memory Card

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.4GHz i5 4GB... iPad 64GB WiFi + 3G
Hi All,

Forgive me if this should be under the 'Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography' thread...

I switched my camera on this morning (Canon IXUS80IS) to find that my memory card appears to be blank... The error message that appeared was "Error reading memory card". I then put it into the card reader of my laptop (my work one, not my Mac) and when I try to click it, it says that it is not formatted... I checked the properties of the card and it is showing 0 bytes!

It was full of pictures last time I turned it on. Is there anyway to try and get the pictures back? It is not crucial but some of the pictures would be nice to have!

Any thoughts appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I had this happen to a Fuji Xd card.
After some searching I came across this, and it worked. I sent him a CD as reward (it was his preference!)

Exif Untrasher - Carsten Blüm: Mac Development

Well worth a try.
Short of this, very little else you can do. Hope it helps.

OP
Snakedoctor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.4GHz i5 4GB... iPad 64GB WiFi + 3G
Thanks a million Kevriano, may not get a chance to try it this evening and am travelling until Friday but will most certainly test it out and report back...

I'll be sending him plenty of chocolate if it works...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.