Buying ibook on Ebay, Few Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook 14" 1.42GHz 512MB Ram
Hello all

I am thinking about maybe buying an used ibook on ebay, the price seems very reasonable to me, and i am willing to go about $500 American. My only concern is that in his description he stated that there was a blotch on the screen that is "Barely Noticeable". It is an ibook 600mhz. Do you think it would be dangerous to buy this machine for $500 or maybe even a little more... if there is a blotch, does this mean that the screen is dying or that it should be ok for a while?

Thanks ahead of time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
$500 is too much money for a 600Mhz G3 anything in my opinion, even if it was in perfect working order. For the same price you can get a brand new 1.25 Ghz G4 Mini....twice as fast and a better proc all around.
I would pass on it if I were you. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
$500 is reasonable for an iBook in excellent condition, and with so many of them floating around eBay, I'd honestly wait for one that has no defects. You'll be happier in the long run.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I would pass on it. One man's blotch on the screen that is "Barely Noticeable", can most likely be another man's eye sore.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.