The Tiger and Norton's Internet Security...

V

videopal

Hi and my name is Wayne Kurtz as Norton Internet Security does not work with my G-5 and Tiger. Does anyone have a workaround for this problem?

I thank you in advance....Wayne at [email protected]!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2
get rid of Norton! They make the absolute #1 crap for Macs. it will do your system more harm then good. They wont even support the software for Mac any more.

Go to system preferences and use the setting in there. Its just as good if not better.

OP
M

menace3054

yea norton really really is crappy... it will slow your computer down to no end. my recommendation to you is to uninstall it, use the free firewall that comes with os x(under sys prefs-sharing) and if you network with pcs, and nice and non resource hog anti virius is intego virus barrier x.

Reaction score
A third vote for dumping Norton, to many problems with it. I also vote for the integro virus program, been using it for quite a while with no problems at all with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
and a fourth for dumping norton, i had it I will admit it, but after tiger it stopped working and i did research realized that the settings in prefferences are just as good. Plus norton is not good for your computer.

OP
T

Tel

Another vote for dumping Norton. System preferences will work a lot nicer for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.