Being Impatient Ruined my Iphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Well, I have a friend that installed 4.0 into his Iphone... and like an idiot talked me into it.. I went to the App Center paid 99 for the year for the app developer program and downloaded 4.0, after installing it Im convinced I ruined my iphone.. to make a long story short its super buggy and I basically have an iphone that works correctly only 1/2 the time.
After calling apple there is no way to reverse it back so until 4.0 is officially released I am stuck.

**PLEASE DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE***

Sigh

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Why can't you just restore it back to the release OS? Even the people who Jailbreak and later regret it go back. Are you sure that once 4.0 is installed you can't restore the older? That makes no sense to me at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I seem to remember this same problem prior to the offical 3.0 launch

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I called apple directly, and they said once you do it you cant restore to the original OS. Im stuck until the official release, i read after words that the developers have a 2nd iphone for testing not for daily phone use... oh well

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
This is definitely a lesson learned, but I do hear a LOT of these kinds stories where non-developers try to play around with beta software that causes all kinds of problem and they are incapable of fixing it themselves..

As you've figured out, most developers not only have a 2nd device, they usually have multiple devices at different generations to test their applications to make sure it works on all the various devices with varying hardware...

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
been running OS 4.0 on my 3g almost since the beta release, besides from some little issues -which is to be expected from a beta- currently have beta 4 Jailbroken, and again... no issues what so ever. if you are that unhappy, restore 3.1.3, plenty of web sites tell you how to go about it..

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well restored my iphone back to 3.1.3.... took me a while but I did it the right way, If anyone out there ran into the same problem as me PM me and I will guide you to a site thats easy peasy... thanks for the advice everyone... nice to have a working iphone again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
told ya it was possible :}

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
Yes you are def the BEST!!!!!

i wouldn't say that, but you are welcome to :}

(ps. i did mess up my iPhone w/ OS 4 once though... could have fixed it but didn't have a Mac @ the time and the Apple store didn't/doesn't support the SDK, so they gave me a new iPhone :}

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.