Should I buy the Kanex XD? (HDMI to mini displayport converter)?

Reaction score
Here are some facts that will affect my decision:
  • I own a 27 inch iMac, and am going to buy a PS3 for gaming purposes.
  • I don't have a TV of any sort.
  • The Kanex XD would allow me to connect a PS3 to the imac, but looks like it will cost me £135 including shipping from the USA.
  • I like online gaming (call of duty etc), and I cannot accept any video lag. I can't find much info on how much video lag there is with the Kanex XD.
  • I am a student, £135 is a lot of money

If there was a much cheaper, non HD way of getting a PS3 onto the imac screen I would definitely consider it, but I can't seem to find anything.

So should I buy one?

EDIT: Yep, this should have probably gone into the Other hardware and Peripherals section. Apologies

Reaction score
at that kind of money i think i would look for a cheap TV, or a smaller computer monitor that has HDMI or one with DVI and use a DVI to HDMI adapter. that can also double as a second monitor such as this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27"| iPhone 4
Hey Jack, I saw your question on Yahoo. :p I am very interested in buying one and I also live in England so would need to get it shipped over. I say yes you should get it, look at it this way; for £135 the TV you get is likely to be very small and obviously a very cheap/basic brand. I can't imagine the picture quality coming anywhere close to Apple's crystal clear LED screen. Besides, it would mean having to have another screen as well as your Mac, much more tidy to have one, especially with it being so beautiful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.