doesnt read some dvd's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 13"
Hi there! As a few other weird problems, l realised a new problem. After l format and install my new snow leopard disc, my dvd reader started not to read most dvds and cds..But it reads snow leopard installation discs or another document disc which was one of my copies before formatting. But l have other same dvds exactly the same to save documents before formatting, which it doesnt read. l didnt understand the reason. Should l go to the service or can l solve my own? Please help and tell me what to do detailed. (P.s. those copy of dvds had been created in macbook before format to save my documents, and other pc s read the discs. Also it doesnt see the tv series dvds)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
What brands are the discs that don't read? Some people say macs are fussy about which brand but I never got a clear as to which brands work.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What brands are the discs that don't read? Some people say macs are fussy about which brand but I never got a clear as to which brands work.

It's the Writing of DVD's that is picky on certain brands of blank DVDs. I have never had issues reading any brand of DVD/CD that was burned correctly.

I have had issues burning some Memorex DVD Blanks for example.

OP
armoni
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 13"
l dont think the problem is about brand or burning...l am really having strange problems that l cant solve..first was not loading youtube even l use google public dns and second is not reading dvd/cds.. it never did such a thing before upgrading the system..it always read the discs..and if there was a problem with burning then the other pc wouldnt read too :S oh by the way thanks to the mod.s that l had offered them to put quick reply part and they have did :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.