Pop up requests to access keychain

Reaction score
Hi there

I'm hoping someone can offer some help / advice on a really annoying issue i'm having with my macbook.

I'm getting repeated pop up boxes, telling me Safari wants to access my keychain (and asking me for password) - also Spotify wants to access my keychain (same thing).

Does anyone know why this is happening ? And do I stop it ? I don't give out the password - just hit cancel every time, but the requests are pretty endless..

Please Help!!

Many thanks

Reaction score
ok this is what you need to do.
go into the Macintosh HD>applications>utilities>Keychain Access, once in keychain access click on keychain access next to the apple and goto preferences. once in preferences click on reset my keychain (reset my default keychain) depending on what version of OS your running. type in you admin password, click Ok. and your good to go.

if you don't know your admin password then do this first then that above this text.

Mac OS X 10.5 Help: If you forget your administrator password

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.