Recent Switcher who was using Adobe Audition needs help...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
Hey,

I just switched from PC to Mac and I've been using Adobe Audition for my audio editing needs.

What can I replace it with? Is Soundtrack Pro a good program?

(I teach radio broadcasting and production so I need a fairly strong audio program to use.)

I'd like to stay in the same price range and keep in mind that I can get an educational discount that cuts the price of Soundtrack in half.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
Umm it depends what you mean by 'strong'
I have got Soundtrack Pro, ands its good (i mean typical apple concentrating more on that than emagic) but i also use Logic 7 pro, which is really heavy duty, and that is couple with Protools.
So really it is down to what you want to do with it.
Alex

T

TheAwesome

Go Tools. If your not doing big multitrack projects then just buy a Digidesign Mbox.... get the factory bundle and it comes with more software than you can throw a baby at.

OP
Abdiel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
TheAwesome said:
Go Tools. If your not doing big multitrack projects then just buy a Digidesign Mbox.... get the factory bundle and it comes with more software than you can throw a baby at.

So the Mbox unit comes with ProTools? Hmmm..in looking at it I don't think I need the interface box. I do most of the recording I need to do in the studios at the univeirsity I work at.

I just need software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.