MacBook not charging battery

Reaction score
I have a 13-inch white MacBook and it does not seem to be charging the battery. I installed a new battery yesterday and when I unplugged the power cord, the computer shut off. The battery icon is somewhat grayed out. Does anyone have any experience with this? Should I take it to a Mac store to get it looked at?

Reaction score
I'm guessing the battery s faulty, try putting in the old one and see if your Mac can work unplugged(even for a minute) with it.

OP
K
Reaction score
Nah, the same thing happened with the old battery (which is why I got the new one). Something's up with the computer not charging batteries.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you tried a new power adapter? You might want to try to do that first. However, if your machine is still under warranty, you may as well take it on in and let the genius bar look at it.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.