HELP!!! Noob Questions regarding Imac & Iphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo 27inch Iphone 3g Apple Tv Airport Router
Been a long time lurker on this website. Been very helpful. And its much appreciated. However I just finally joined the forums to get some info and I figure it was time. And I also apologize if this is the wrong spot to post this. (mods feel free to move me if need be) ANYWAYS....First I have a 27' inch dual core processor Imac. Absolutely one the best machines I have ever owned. Flawless. However its over a year old. I haven even begun to tap in to the magic of this machine. But do run video for apple tv. And I load my own dvds in. And im a music junkie. Now is there any maintenance I should be running on this machine to keep it running well?? Like a utility program or anything like that?? Help is much appreciated. And the sooner the better. Thx in advance. OH also my Iphone 3g had one for 2 yrs ZERO issues. Just got a new one. And this is the THIRD phone in a row thats had issues. RIght not I cant get it to log into my network. Says no network or unable to long into. Now I know its not router cause Imac and Apple Tv run of airport. And the last couple of days it wont charge. I leave it on dock and nothing sits in red. Is that a 3rd generation iphone issue or any suggestions of how to fix??? Again thanx in advance for the rapid and through answer!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
About your iMac 27" machine: A good maintenance program to run would be OnyX. It's free and should be run periodically for best results.

The question regarding your iPhone would be better asked in the iPhone hardware forum but rather than cross posting it from here, perhaps someone can chime in and provide an answer for you. Also, if your iPhone is still under warranty you might want to have Apple look at it.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.