Getting MP3 from Downloads to i-Pod?

Reaction score
I normally buy from the i-Tunes store but today bought an MP3 download from another site. I can see it in Downloads and listen to it on the Mac (OS 10.6.3) but can't see how to move it to the i-Pod.
Thanks in advance.
M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Import it into iTunes by dragging it from the downloads folder into the iTunes window, and then sync your iPod as you would normally, being sure to add the new songs to any playlists you usually sync.
Job done.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks ... everything went as you say. In the end I dragged from Downloads to Desktop and from there to i-Tunes. When I tried to drag from Downloads a whole lot of other files became selected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Click the little tick/cross in the bottom under my name panel, and it brings it up. And thanks!
Tip: If you highlight the downloads folder in the dock (by hovering the cursor on it), pick a download and hold the Apple and "i" key, it opens the downloads folder in the finder.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And if the file is iTunes compatible to begin with - I download from several places including Amazon, Magnatune and Audible - just double click the mp3 in the downloads folder, it'll auto import it into iTunes.

After I buy an album or multi part book, I just go down the line and double click each one of them - it'll start the import process and start playing when it's done. You only need to hit the pause button in iTunes once to stop them playing after the last one to be imported this way.

After importing - if you have iTunes set to manage the library, you can delete all the files in the downloads folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.