VPN over Wifi issue

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a PPTP VPN service , when I connect my computer directly to the modem and connect to my VPN service it works fine with no problem at all, I have tested it.

BUT

when I try to connect to the internet through my Belkin wireless router I get connected to the VPN service , it says authenticating and connecting and connected and all that and shows that I am connected , but it doesn't work for some reason, and when i try to visit a site nothing comes up, as if i am not connected to the internet.

When I disconnect the VPN I can visit the websites again through the wifi ,so it is not the wireless router issue.

Before you say Google it , I did Google it , and I got some articles but none of them helped,

and also in the Advance window in the VPN configuration , I enabled route all connections through VPN, and also enabled Verbose logging ,

Can somebody please help me out here , ??

thanks in advance,

OP
J
Reaction score
not a router issue

Also I have tried the same vpn service on a Linux ubuntu and a Windows 7 machine, it works fine over the wifi , so I believe it is not the router issue ,

but some problem with OSX

is there any settings I can enable or disable to solve this problem??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If you're routing all connections through your VPN tunnel, is it perhaps just an internet issue on the other end of the connection?

Or maybe it's a DNS problem: have you tried checking to see if you can access a site by IP address directly?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.