Anything neat I can do with a Beige G3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
I've got a Beige G3 that I bought last December to see if I really wanted to switch and I just bought a PowerBook today.

Any suggestions for ways I could put it to use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
Abdiel said:
I've got a Beige G3 that I bought last December to see if I really wanted to switch and I just bought a PowerBook today.

What do you need?
The old beiges are fast enough to use for e-mail or web-surf (if your patient). I know people who use them for file and print servers. They are old and slow, but every one I've come across still seems to work. You could always sell it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Abdiel said:

I use my Beige G3 All-In-One as a nice secondary machine. I over-clocked it to 315 MHz, upgraded the RAM and hard drive, and installed Panther on it, and it works great. I actually probably use it just as much as my far newer iBook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.