Installing windows xp via bootcamp

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was trying to install windows xp into my macbook via bootcamp. I finished the copying process and the system was required to restart. So, it restarted but error msgs appear.

Press any key to boot from CD...

So i pressed any key but it prompted me to where i first started, the very beginning of windows xp installation, choosing partition to install os.... Therefore pressing F3 i quit the installation process and restarted the system. This time i didnt press any key to boot from the CD and i get

Press any key to boot from CD...
Disk error
Press any key to restart

Here, I pressed any key but the system didnt restart. Can anyone tell me how i could solve this problem?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Note: Moved to appropriate forum.

What were the errors messages that you received? And please describe the version of Windows XP you're attempting to install? In other words, is it a MS Boxed version of XP SP2 or 3 full install? An OEM System Builders version of XP SP2 or 3 full install?

Regards.

OP
B
Reaction score
Its windows xp home edition which includes service pack 2, version 2002. Regarding about the OEM thingy, not sure about that.

The error msg is as in the first post that is

disk error and it ask me to restart but after pressing any key it didnt restart at all

OP
B
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I resolved my own problems after spending HOURS in reading other forums and finally found the solution.

It is mentioned in one of the handbook of BC Assistant Installation and Setup Guide,

Important: Do not select "Leave the current file system intact". To successfully install Windows XP, you must select one of the other options.

Be aware that this is not correct. There is another option which you MUST NOT choose, that is the conversion to NTFS. You must not convert. You must format it.

After formatting it, you are now level up! (Feel like I'm playing a game:Angry-Tongue:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You obviously did not read the Boot Camp setup instructions: Refer to the following LINK (page 13 of BC Setup.pdf)

Anyway, glad you're up and running. Enjoy Windows on your Mac.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.