MAC excel 08 vs PC excel 07

Reaction score
Hi,

1. What are the file extensions for MAC excel? Do they differ from PC excel?
2. What are the differences between MAC excel 08 vs PC excel 07?

I have had some work done by a provider in elance in PC excel 07 and now i can not read the spread sheet in my MAC environment. The provider is saying that MAX and PC excel versions are 100% compatible - I disagree and need to know the differences but I am not tech/program savvy.

I had sent my MAC excel files to the provider and want to demonstrate that by the file extensions he should have been able to ID they were MAC files

Thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The file format between the OSX and the Windows version of Excel is exactly the same as is the extension. There might be a few little differences between the versions but those would only show up with really complex formulas I am told.

I am sure another member here who owns 08 will comment, but the format is the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i use 07 at work and 08 at home. i have never had any problems transferring files between either. i have one spreadsheet that has a lot of graphs and data shared across several sheets and no problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.