Problems with the html snippet box and stat counter

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have just recently created a website with iWeb and would love to have a stat counter or google analytics before launching my website. The problem is that I can't get the HTML snippet box working. I have with the help of youtube figured out how to paste the code needed and what to do. However, in my case the instructions are not working for my site because of the html snippet box. After I've pasted the code in the snippet box, the smaller box goes invisible when I've clicked apply but the bigger black box where the code is in, won't disappear after I've clicked apply, so I take it that the action is not applied either. I don't know what to do.
I've tried with installing google analytics too but the same problem with the html snippet box not disappearing and not applying the action. Please help me and advice me on what to do because I'm longing to launch my website :), thanks a million!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.