to all those in 2 minds about switching..

Reaction score
Yesterday, my switch to apple was complete after getting the 64gb wifi iPad.

As a high end amateur photographer and aspiring pro, I was really struggling with my 8gb windows pc to take 3 minutes to load up a 10mb RAW file into photoshop and then countless hours with Microsoft support after every single windows systems update to readjust my registry settings...I was getting desperate for a computer that would do what it's supposed to do, and after Microsoft had the audacity to actually *CHARGE* for windows 7 when it should be free and accompanied by a hand written apology by Bill gates for every single owner of a Vista based PC, I knew that I HAD to change the way I work on a computer.

I started off with a quadcore 27' imac and used the apple one to one to find my way around, and loved the quirky nature of the mac and the big screen was great for photoshop and watching movies...

soon as the Macbook pro refresh happened, I got a 15' MBP for field based work, and now finally an iPad which i will use to display photos to clients.

Whilst it isnt necessary to buy the toys I did, I will say that never has my work flow, browsing the internet etc been so easier to do and so much fun..and quirky apple features such as ' Time machine' are just incredible to use.

Yes, apple gear is horribly horribly over priced, but be assured..you will get a very unique and intuitive computing experience that a windows system could never ever even come close to providing.

I can honestly say that switching to a Mac for me has turned around my immense frustration computer experiences with windows right around and despite the hefty cost, a switch that I really should have made YEARS ago.

Go for it!!

Reaction score
Believe it or not I have never used anything but an Apple, started in 1987.Even though the price is high. in my opinion it's well worth the Blingbling

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
Yesterday, my switch to apple was complete after getting the 64gb wifi iPad.

As a high end amateur photographer and aspiring pro, I was really struggling with my 8gb windows pc to take 3 minutes to load up a 10mb RAW file into photoshop and then countless hours with Microsoft support after every single windows systems update to readjust my registry settings...I was getting desperate for a computer that would do what it's supposed to do, and after Microsoft had the audacity to actually *CHARGE* for windows 7 when it should be free and accompanied by a hand written apology by Bill gates for every single owner of a Vista based PC, I knew that I HAD to change the way I work on a computer.

I started off with a quadcore 27' imac and used the apple one to one to find my way around, and loved the quirky nature of the mac and the big screen was great for photoshop and watching movies...

soon as the Macbook pro refresh happened, I got a 15' MBP for field based work, and now finally an iPad which i will use to display photos to clients.

Whilst it isnt necessary to buy the toys I did, I will say that never has my work flow, browsing the internet etc been so easier to do and so much fun..and quirky apple features such as ' Time machine' are just incredible to use.

Yes, apple gear is horribly horribly over priced, but be assured..you will get a very unique and intuitive computing experience that a windows system could never ever even come close to providing.

I can honestly say that switching to a Mac for me has turned around my immense frustration computer experiences with windows right around and despite the hefty cost, a switch that I really should have made YEARS ago.

Go for it!!

Just about sums it up splendidly.

I have been on various computers since 1973 and switched to Apple in January 2009 and have never regretted one second of it. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X 10.6 3.o6 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
You said it all -- a computer that will do what it is supposed to do --!! I spent hours and hours and hours working on my pc, never getting anything done. I have done more in three or four days on my imac that I would have done on my pc in weeks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Yes, apple gear is horribly horribly over priced, but be assured..you will get a very unique and intuitive computing experience that a windows system could never ever even come close to providing....

...at the same cost! (or close to it)
You don't need to buy anti-virus software for the Mac.
You don't need professional data recovery after a virus attack.
You get excellent coverage with AppleCare, but I don't know what other mfrs. offer.
Over the life of comparable computers, what I've read says a Mac can cost less.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
One thing I like about my computer is that I always know who to call. If I have a problem with the OS I call Apple. If I have a problem with the hardware I call Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.