iPad screen goes black

Reaction score
Solution

I was having a similar problem. I think I found a solution! I went into my settings and changed iPad Cover Lock Unlock to off. I think the iPad kept sensing the cover was closed and went black because of it.

I hope this helps. Mine hasn't gone black since!

Reaction score
iPad blacking out

I was having a similar problem. I think I found a solution! I went into my settings and changed iPad Cover Lock Unlock to off. I think the iPad kept sensing the cover was closed and went black because of it.

I hope this helps. Mine hasn't gone black since!

Having the same problem, and went to settings but can't find the cover lock/unlock option. Any more details on where it is?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Having the same problem, and went to settings but can't find the cover lock/unlock option. Any more details on where it is?

You don't have a smart cover I bet. That option won't appear, until one is 'installed' on the iPad.

Reaction score
Ipad 2 screen goes black

I've just noticed today 9/25/12 that my ipad 2 screen goes black and takes me pack to the password page. It seems to happen when I slightly move the iPad. (could it be related to the gyroscope?) I've never had the problem before, and have had it for about 1 year and 4 months. I've not changed the charger; always use the one that came with it. No changes on my end. Never dropped, etc. Anyone know what's going on? Perhaps I need to hit reset?

Reaction score
I have read somewhere that it also could have something to do with an oversensitive temperature sensor or with the light sensor, and therefor it would be prudent to have it checked out @ the Genius Bar.

just my 2 cents, SM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.