Where Oh Where did iDVD go!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" Quad i7, MacMini Quad i7 , 16gb ram on both. IPad 4th Gen. IPhone 4S
Hi All,

I'm running Tiger 10.4.1 and reinstalled my iLife 05, and today I was looking for iDVD and can't find it...

I did a reinstall of iLife 05 and still no iDVD. All the other apps are there, iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, Garageband etc.

Don't know what is going on, It installed fine on 10.3.9. And I'm using the iLife 05 DVD to do the install. My built in DVD player on my Powerbook is DVD-ROM and I have an external DVD+/-RW.

The software should install wether I have a DVD burner or not. I hooked up the external burner and installed off the DVD again, but still no iDVD.

I even did a reinstall off the iLife 05 "CD" just for fun, still no iDVD, what the heck.

Ideas?

Joe

OP
gunnerjoe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" Quad i7, MacMini Quad i7 , 16gb ram on both. IPad 4th Gen. IPhone 4S
Ok figured it out, I was over looking the "Customize" button on install, iDVD is not selected by default, why that is I don't know. Also, the "CD" install has no iDVD option, I find that bit strange unless there just was not room.

Joe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
gunnerjoe said:
Ok figured it out, I was over looking the "Customize" button on install, iDVD is not selected by default, why that is I don't know. Also, the "CD" install has no iDVD option, I find that bit strange unless there just was not room.

Joe
Its just one way that they try to ensure that people without built in DVD drives can't install iDVD.... OK that's just a guess... It could also, as you say, be a matter of storage space on the CD.

Anyhoo... glad you got it all figured out.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If you don't have an internal DVD burner on your system the installer application will not install it by default. As you have found, you have to tell to install.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.