Bootcamp Driver Problems... HELP

Reaction score
Well guys, I've tried all day and night to get XP on Bootcamp working. I've got a brand new MacBook Pro, Mid 2010 model and I am trying it install the drivers manually. I've misplaced the disk included in the MBP box, so now... I have no drivers.

I've literally tried EVERYTHING. I've downloaded Bootcamp 3.0 and 3.1 update and installed them. CHECK

Browsed Nvidia's website for 'GT330M drivers' I've attempted to install both '196.21' and '197.16'... they both give me the same error."The Nvidia setup could not detect hardware related to this installation."

Basically, it is saying that the drivers can NOT find my device. Honestly... I don't know What it is that I am doing wrong! The Bootcamp 3.0 drivers and 3.1 update updated everything BUT the graphics drivers.

Please, someone help me get these drivers working!

Colin

Reaction score
I believe you need the install disk. You can order another one from Apple. Bootcamp 3.x does not have all the drivers. Unless you can borrow a disk from a friend you'll need another one. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Go to Best Buy or your nearest Apple store and buy a retail copy of Snow Leopard update for $29.99. Since your new MBP came with Snow Leopard pre-installed you can legally use the update version. That will enable you to install the drivers. Or, you can call Apple customer service and ask them to replace the DVD set you lost. They'll probably charge you a fee.

Regards.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response to help solve my problem.

Lucky for me I found the disk... right under my mouse pad.

Don't I look like an idiot! :|

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.