• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Newegg ROCKS!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
Just thoguht i would share my experience.

I ordered some ram from newegg for my iMac and got it fine. Did all the things i needed to and then about 2-3 weeks later i got a kernel panic :( , so i re-did the tests. They came back that the meory was bad. So i called newegg and explained everything and told then i didn't have the orginal box, packaging or anything. They said that wasn't a problem and told me to package it up with a copy of the RMA and they would test it and send new.

So i sent it out on the 12 and got the replacement today (17th).

Newegg ROCKS!!! I highly reccomend them for anything :)

Just thought i would share

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
The sticks were good!!! I ran the extended Hardware test (which took 1 hour and 45 minutes :) ) It was so hard to wait that long because i wanted to use my mac so bad.

I love how the test says 5- 15 minutes (it may be longer depending on how much ram you have). Well for me that "lomger was about an hour and a half :) lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.