Any program like Mediamonkey but for Mac??

Reaction score
hello all, I was wondering if anybody knows of a good music program to organize mp3's like mediamonkey? I need something for mac. I have over 245,000 songs and looking for the best program to organize them. Thanks.

Sonik.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Does iTunes not meet your needs? In my experience, iTunes does a fine job of organizing my music. Now, I only have about 3,600 songs so it's not quite 245,000.

Reaction score
Yeah, what's wrong with Itunes exactly? The organization seems fine to me on there. Why would you want to pay for a program to organize your songs when you already have Itunes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I personally hate iTunes. If something isn't tagged exactly as iTunes wants it to be in its methodology, then it's sorted in a way which isn't akin to how you'd have it arranged like it is in Finder etc..

That's why I use Songbird. Well, amongst other reasons too, such as native FLAC and ogg playback etc..

Doug

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Since I got my Droid Incredible phone, I've taken quite a liking to DoubleTwist, which incidentally will hook into your iTunes Library if it already exists. I'm not sure if it's an exact fit for your needs, but it's a little less proprietary and has some nice options for interfacing with non-Apple devices.

I'd also like to second Doug B's recommendation of Mozilla's Songbird, which is a stunningly well-made media management package. I haven't quite made the leap from iTunes YET, but it looks like all of the pieces are there for a good user experience.

YMMV, of course, but there are some options out there. I'm not terribly familiar with MediaMonkey, so I hope I'm not completely off-base.

Reaction score
Im also looking for something similar... a program to edit the tags of all my MP3's. iTunes is no good as the tags you update in itunes only update them for iTunes. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Im also looking for something similar... a program to edit the tags of all my MP3's. iTunes is no good as the tags you update in itunes only update them for iTunes. Any suggestions?

I'm pretty sure that Songbird will change the physical file's tags, but also
check this out: Tagr : Organize your ID3 tags on Mac OS X

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.