Backing up Address Book?

Reaction score
Hello All,

Could somebody please explain, if I export Address Book as a backup, how I can import it without losing more recent additions I've made since the backup? I sync. my address book with my PalmTE2, using Missing Sync which seems to work OK over 99% of the time but there seems to be an occasional unexplained problem.

Today is the second time I have found myself searching for a lost entry. I know how to export the Address Book but if I have understood correctly, if I re-import the backed up/saved file, it overwrites the address book file on the HD which would wipe any more recent entries?

I've also read that I can use Google, but in this case, can I still sync with my Palm?

Further slight problem >> though I'm an ex (thank God!) computer tech, at my age, I just want things to work! I no longer have any desire to search for the whys and wherefores. I still work and my daily work tool is my Palm TE2. (I did buy an iPhone but it wouldn't sync my to-dos so I sold it.)

Anyone out there game enough to give me an old man a hand?

Thanks and Regards

Garoolgan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I dont know anything about your palm ( or any of them ) so I cant answer that part , but as for the back up issue why not just create a new back up on a regular basis to avoid the recent changes ? Just set an iCal reminder for every monday for example.

Of course you could always use the back up info from the time machine that you are surely using .....

Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.