Kids school project.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5", 4GB RAM, 500 GB hdd 16G wi-fi iPad
Hi all. At the risk of exposing myself as semi computer illiterate, I need some advice. My Daughter did a report for school on Powerpoint (office for mac) and needs to present it for her class. My questions are, 1) Will the PP presentation play on the windows machines at her school? 2) How do we get the presentation to a usb drive? Thanks for the help!

Aaron

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you used MS Mac Office to do the PP presentations, then they should play OK on the school's Windows computer assuming the school is using MS Office for Windows. Make sure you save them in "compatibility mode" rather than XML just to be sure.

As far as transferring them to the USB flash drive.... just plug the drive into your Mac. It should mount on the desktop. Then open Finder, Documents, and drag the PPT documents to the USB drive. That will copy them to the USB drive.

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5", 4GB RAM, 500 GB hdd 16G wi-fi iPad
Thanks for the advice. We'll give it a try tomorrow.

Aaron

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi all. At the risk of exposing myself as semi computer illiterate, I need some advice. My Daughter did a report for school on Powerpoint (office for mac) and needs to present it for her class. My questions are, 1) Will the PP presentation play on the windows machines at her school? 2) How do we get the presentation to a usb drive? Thanks for the help!

Aaron

In theory if the school has the same program you used & it's the same version...then you should have no problems.

But folks doing presentations...whether it be for school, personal, or business related...whenever you use someone else's computer for the presentation...there is always the chance that something won't work right or look right (formatting might not look right).

Good luck,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.