Sync Mail between iPad and Macbook

Reaction score
Scenario - Macbook is powered down. E-mail comes in and is read on the iPad with the mail app. Put the iPad down and 15 minutes later (or so) power up the Macbook. I want to see the message as read on the laptop. Possible with the default Apple mail applications? Maybe from my ISP?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Check with your ISP to see if they allow accessing your account using IMap rather than PoP. GMail can be set to IMap along with several other providers.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz 4Gb RAM, 1Tb HDD; 16Gb iPhone (white); Aluminium MacBook, 2.4Ghz, 4Gb, 500 Gb HDD
OP
M
Reaction score
chscag - Thanks for the imap tip. I'll see if my provider supports.
Rob - Not a fan of MobileMe...yet!

Reaction score
Like chscag said - you need IMAP. This is really the best way to use email if you're using multiple devices. Personally, I prefer Gmail - it's free and works well. All my devices like Mail App on MBP, iPhone and iPad are always synchronized, all done on the server end at gmail - you don't need to do anything on your end except set up the mail account(s) on the devices.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.