Macbook Pro Video+Game Power

Reaction score
Hey first poster here :)

I'm considering getting a Macbook Pro for photo editing, professional video editing and gaming.
I'm concerned with how does the NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 256Mb do with video editing and gaming, especially with the Steam games. What kind of fps can I expect from HL2 and TF2 etc.

Probably going to get the 2.53Ghz i5, 15" Macbook Pro as the screen is bigger for working on.

Thanks for any help!

Reaction score
well you arnt going to max crysis out (its very playable on medium/high settings), ive found boot camped with windows 7 gets the best performance from the gaming side. I have the 2.53ghz i5 btw.

I run everything else on the mac partition just fine including the new Photoshop CS5 it starts up so quickly

Reaction score
i think performance will depend on the game. for instance, i played counterstrike for about 6 years on my old windows desktop. it had 512mb of ram, and a tiny HD. played "fine" for a few years. updated the graphics card a couple of times, added a gig of ram. when it was all said and done, the current MBP has much better specs than my old powerspec had. im thinking you shouldn't have much of a problem playing games.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.