Abby finereader for mac v readiris 12 for mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
emac, G4 laptop, G5, imac 2.4Ghz intel duo,
Hi,

I searched this site for OCR software and its been some time since anyone posted on the topic. so long in fact that now there are two apps for mac with OCR.

i run numerous pages with many being photocopies of typed documents hence some black background sometimes and well, poor photocopied document.

which would be the more accurate. not so much the fastest just the most accurate.

I do have bootcamp with vista but DONT want to pay the bucks for a windows word version when i already have office for mac. that said, i dont think the windows versions of the programs will work as they immediately convert it to a program that does not exist on the disc anyways.

I have been deliberating for days about this - would be very very greatful if someone could help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
What scanner/printer do you have? I have a multi-function HP and with HP Scan (free download from HP) under Snow Leopard, OCR using Iris is built in

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
emac, G4 laptop, G5, imac 2.4Ghz intel duo,
Yes I have a MF HP Officeject pro 7580 with ocr built in though didnt know it was iris.

it makes way too many mistakes such that i have had to buy dragon naturally speaking.

i downloaded a trial of abbyy for mac (single page use though in trial mode) and that is way more accurate.

what is that you say about OCR and snow leapard as i have SL. Is it built in. even if it is it would be an old version. I have a small business and have thousands of pages to do. old cut down versions and free downloads will not do.

I need something thats not going to cost $500 i.e. up to $300 is fine but i dont want to spend $ on something when i could have got something else that was more reliable for the same $ or another $100 or so.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.