Deleted email contacts still appear! HELP

Reaction score
:Angry: I permantly deleted contacts on my Yahoo address book and on my Iphone. But when I hit mail and start typing a name those deleted contacts still appear!! I've tried everything! I've synced it, cleared cached, clear history, deleted and reactivated my email accounts, cleared ALL in Autofill. Besides restoring the whole phone, how can I get rid of them? Why do these deleted contacts still appear? Please help

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
OP
N
Reaction score
But what about the iPhone?

Thanks for your reply but those links are for Mac computer users. How do I delete them from my iPhone?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Only way I know of to do it currently is by restoring the phone. A liitle much for most. Let's keep our fingers crossed that 4.0 will have a way to edit these.

Reaction score
Anyone else know how to deal with this on the iPhone?
Having the same issue with ALL my iPhones since I bought my first iPhone a few years ago. Many friends and family have changed their E-mail addy's, I've deleted those from my contacts on the iPhones, performed full restores, even gone through few iPhones with complete restores since then, but those old defunct addy's are still in the autofill and my fat thumbs sometimes accidentally get selected! I sync wthi my iMac, but have not even set up MAIL on my iMac, (web based E-mail only) so I know it nots from the iMac mail.

How is the auto fill memory on the iPhones purged, deleted etc?

Paul
iPhone gen1, os 3.xx
iPhone 3g os 2-3-4.01
iPhone 4 os 4.01

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.