MacBook pro not booting

Reaction score
Hi Everyone i have a 15" intel Macbook pro A1260 which is not turning on properly. i have tried the SMC and PMU resets but nothing seems to be happening. when i try and turn it on the hard drive and disk drive seem to function, but about 3 seconds later the power is cut?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try another power adapter if you have one or can borrow it from someone. If that doesn't help, it's time to make an appointment with your local Apple store genius and have them look at it. (I'm assuming you tried to operate the machine from battery and the same thing happens?)

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
Its definitely not the power adapter or battery. I remeber when i turned it off it sounded like the fans where still running a few seconds after the screen was off. If i cant get to work i will take to an apple store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.