How can I deal with Safari download problem?

Reaction score
Whenever I tried to download a file by the Safar, I got the following problem "Safari can't download this file". Would you please help me how can I deal and solve this problem?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Have you installed a download manager recently? Download issues can be caused by improper uninstallation of download managers. If you have, reinstall it and uninstall it following either the uninstallation instructions or by using the included uninstaller.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Can you please give us more info. First what model Mac is this? What version of OSX are you running and what version of Safari do you have? You can get the specs and version of OSX by clicking on the Apple in the top left corner of the screen and on About This Mac. You can click on Safari in the bar up top and on About Safari.

Reaction score
Since this is in the iPad section of the forum I suspect the answers to previous question are self explanatory(unless the thread was misplaced).

Have you gotten the plugin for mobile safari to allow unsupported file types downloads? Also you should be getting the same message if you are trying to view a page with flash, are you getting that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.