powerbook and games

H

helljustfrzovr

how well can a powerbook handle games like halo, call of duty, warcraft 3, unreal tourny?

im thinking about getting one for college and im just wondering if it would be able to play the occasional game with decent quality

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2
I play games on mine all the time, and have all the ones you mentioned. They play just fine. I would get at leat 1GB of RAM though and the 128MB upgrade for video if you can. Its well worth it for games, myself I only have the 64MB video. Still works well, but I am not a hard core gammer.

Reaction score
helljustfrzovr said:
how well can a powerbook handle games like halo, call of duty, warcraft 3, unreal tourny?

im thinking about getting one for college and im just wondering if it would be able to play the occasional game with decent quality

Really depends on your expectations....if you demand 30+ fps etc...then this thing will NOT do it. I've got the 'ultimate powerbook' (is what the store called it) and playing Ut2004...was NOT good at all.

This machine reminds me of my pentium 3 / 1 Gig Ram / Geforce 4200TI w/ 128 Ram. I have my desktop beast to play games like the ones you mention. I still love this machine though...it's just so cool looking. Everytime I see it, I want to use it.

OP
M

menace3054

Redbrick said:
Really depends on your expectations....if you demand 30+ fps etc...then this thing will NOT do it. I've got the 'ultimate powerbook' (is what the store called it) and playing Ut2004...was NOT good at all.

This machine reminds me of my pentium 3 / 1 Gig Ram / Geforce 4200TI w/ 128 Ram. I have my desktop beast to play games like the ones you mention. I still love this machine though...it's just so cool looking. Everytime I see it, I want to use it.

agreed with the dude above me. if you are used to playing on a desktop, you will be sorely disapointed. the pb can handle games, but not all that well. i had a 1.33ghz g4 powerbook with 1.25 gb of ram, and it didnt play unreal tournament 2004 to my desire, it was choppy and laggy and id get killed before i even saw the guy in front of me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
I run warcraft 3 frozen throne fine on mine, but I still play all my games on my desktop PC. That's all the use it gets nowadays.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.